Join experienced photographer and Times+ course tutor, Nigel Wilson for a full day online workshop to gain a full understanding of your camera and its functions. Learn how to use your camera to its full potential to capture better images.
You may just be starting out with your camera and would like to get a clearer understanding of your camera controls. Perhaps you have decided it is time to leave your automatic 'point and shoot ' modes behind and unleash the creative potential of your camera. Or you may have some understanding of technique but need to brush up on your knowledge and rekindle your passion for photography. This one day Course is an intensive and comprehensive workshop which will transform the quality of your photographs.
Shooting on fully automatic 'modes' is very restrictive in terms of the creative results you can achieve. Taking control of aperture and shutter speed is absolutely fundamental if you wish to improve your photography. These topics, amongst others, are clearly explained in an easy to understand, straightforward manner. By the end of the day, you will be making photographs rather than simply taking them.
The course will cover:
- Aperture & Depth of Field
- Shutter Speed
Numbers on this course are limited to enable maximum interaction and feedback with the tutor. At the end of the class you will be given a '30 Day Challenge' practicing project - to ensure what you have learnt on the course sticks.
No technical knowledge required, this course is suitable for anyone and everyone - if you enjoy taking photographs, this workshop is for you.
About your tutor:
Nigel Wilson is an experienced teacher and photographer, leading inspirational classes at many institutions, including New York University and London's famous Camera Club. He is currently lecturing at the Victoria & Albert Museum, and teaches a variety of classes for The Royal Photographic Society
The course will be taught via Zoom and participants will be required to have their microphones and cameras on during the day.
To book one of the limited number of tickets for this date, click on 'book online' in the information box. Please note, you will need to be logged in to see the booking button.
If you have any questions about this course, or any others, please email: email@example.com
1. Tickets may be subject to availability. If so, places are available on first come first served basis. Booking paid in advance and non-refundable.
2. Tickets cannot be resold at a price higher than the face value printed upon them and must not be resold for commercial gain whether to ticket retailers, agents, web companies, ticket touts or otherwise.
3. Full payment on booking.
4. Tickets will be assigned on a first come first served basis only.
5. TNL reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify, reschedule or supersede the event or any aspect of the event, including guest speakers, if, in their sold discretion, the event is not capable of being conducted as specified.
6. Wherever possible changes will be publicised prior to the event and alternative tickets or refunds provided.
7. Other than death or personal injury arising from the acts or omissions of TNL, or their employees, TNL will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of attendance at the event.
9. By purchasing a ticket under these Terms and Conditions, you agree to respect the ideas of others shared on the course, and not share details of these ideas outside of the class unless you have written permission from the relevant individual.