Learn the craft of photography and build a portfolio of stunning images on our structured six-week course.
Photographer Nigel Wilson will work with you in a series of tutorials and practical assignments in this highly practical six-week online course where you will learn the skills and techniques to make truly memorable photographs. Each Friday morning, you will look at a key technique such as lighting, colour theory or composition and be inspired by the work of famous photographers. You will gain an understanding of the key ingredients needed to create great photos, as well as learn how to avoid common pitfalls along the way.
You will undertake a weekly assignment that will be reviewed with valuable constructive feedback, providing you with the perfect opportunity to put your newly acquired skills to use. By the end of your six-week photographic journey, you will have gained the skills to produce stunning work that demonstrates your skill and creativity as a photographer.
On completion of this workshop series you will:
Have a clear understanding of the key ingredients that make a compelling photograph
Have a smooth and intuitive camera workflow for all photographic situations
Be your own best, constructive critic
Understand and utilise powerful rules of composition and colour
Have improved confidence and creativity when taking photographs
This course is suitable for anyone with a DSLR or Mirrorless camera and an aspiration to take their photography to the next level. There is no prerequisite knowledge required, and it is appropriate for both newcomers to our photography courses and those who have previously taken a one-day class.
There will be plenty of opportunities to ask questions and learn from your tutor and peers. You will have access to a dedicated Slack channel to communicate with one another, and share pictures and inspiration, between classes. To get the most from this course, you should take time to practice between lessons.
The course will be accessed via Zoom and you will be encouraged to have your camera on and required to have your microphone on at certain times. Numbers are limited.
About your tutor:
Nigel Wilson is an experienced teacher and photographer, leading inspirational classes at many institutions, including New York University and London's famous Camera Club. He is currently lecturing at the Victoria & Albert Museum, and teaches a variety of classes for The Royal Photographic Society and The Times.
Here’s what previous participants of Nigel’s photography masterclasses told us:
“One thing that I found fascinating about yesterday was that you have managed to bring the same style and manner from the face-to-face classroom into an online medium.”
“Your course was hugely enjoyable and inspirational”
“I found it an excellent course which showed me how to look at subjects in a completely different way, and gave me renewed enthusiasm for persevering with photography.”
The course runs from 10am-1pm on consecutive Fridays from 4th March - 8th April, and costs £545.
To register to attend click on 'book online' in the information box. Please note, you will need to be logged in to see the booking button.
For questions about this course please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Tickets may be subject to availability. If so, places are available on first come first served basis. Booking paid in advance and non-refundable.
2. Tickets cannot be resold at a price higher than the face value printed upon them and must not be resold for commercial gain whether to ticket retailers, agents, web companies, ticket touts or otherwise.
3. Full payment on booking.
4. Tickets will be assigned on a first come first served basis only.
5. TNL reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify, reschedule or supersede the event or any aspect of the event, including guest speakers, if, in their sold discretion, the event is not capable of being conducted as specified.
6. Wherever possible changes will be publicised prior to the event and alternative tickets or refunds provided.
7. Other than death or personal injury arising from the acts or omissions of TNL, or their employees, TNL will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of attendance at the event.
9. By purchasing a ticket under these Terms and Conditions, you agree to respect the ideas of others shared on the course, and not share details of these ideas outside of the class unless you have written permission from the relevant individual.