Join our 2 hour masterclass to demystify financial planning for your business and build your confidence with managing the numbers.
Are you a founder or director of a small business - or are you thinking of taking the plunge to start your own venture sometime in the future? If so, getting a handle on the numbers is the most important part of securing the foundation for your businesses future. Our informative 2 hour workshop, led by entrepreneur and accountant Bobby Lane, covers all you need to know about the financial planning and processes, helping business owners understand the basics of reading a profit and loss, balance sheet and cashflow along with identifying the most important numbers in their business.
Part One – Understanding the Numbers
- The basics of understanding a profit and loss, balance sheet and cashflow
- What are the good numbers and which are the bad ones
- What you should be looking for and what you should be targeting
Part Two – How to put together a simple forecast
This will be split into three areas analysing the key drivers in a business for revenue, direct costs and overheads, and include an exercise for you to put together your own forecast.
Part Three – Accounting systems
Do you need accounting systems in your business? When to outsource and what you can do yourself.
There will be the opportunity for Q&A at the end of each section.
On completion you will have more confidence when talking about the numbers in your business, be able to put together a basic forecast and have a better understanding of what systems you need. The course is suitable for anyone running a business or thinking about turning their business idea into a reality. The course assumes little or no prior financial knowledge so is not suitable for qualified accountants.
Bobby Lane is CEO of the multi-disciplinary outsourcing practice Factotum He is a specialist in providing consultancy for growing businesses, assisting with startups and helping getting struggling companies back on track. A chartered accountant with over 25 years’ experience in professional practice and as a CFO, he built the first multi award-winning SME outsourcing team at SSH before their sale to Blick Rothenberg in 2017. He is also a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales and a registered ICAEW Business and Finance Professional.
To book tickets, click on 'book online' in the information box. Please note, you will need to be logged in to see the booking button.
The course will be accessed via a unique link to a webinar.
If you have any questions about this course, or any others, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Tickets may be subject to availability. If so, places are available on first come first served basis. Booking paid in advance and non-refundable.
2. Tickets cannot be resold at a price higher than the face value printed upon them and must not be resold for commercial gain whether to ticket retailers, agents, web companies, ticket touts or otherwise.
3. Full payment on booking.
4. Tickets will be assigned on a first come first served basis only.
5. TNL reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify, reschedule or supersede the event or any aspect of the event, including guest speakers, if, in their sold discretion, the event is not capable of being conducted as specified.
6. Wherever possible changes will be publicised prior to the event and alternative tickets or refunds provided.
7. Other than death or personal injury arising from the acts or omissions of TNL, or their employees, TNL will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of attendance at the event.
9. By purchasing a ticket under these Terms and Conditions, you agree to respect the ideas of others shared on the course, and not share details of these ideas outside of the class unless you have written permission from the relevant individual.