Join experienced photographer and tutor Nigel Wilson for a full day online workshop to hone your photography skills to make the most of capturing the world around you.
Whilst we’re all spending so much time in our homes and close surrounds, what better moment to sharpen your photography skills and look afresh at your local area through the camera lens. Whether your aim is to take better photographs when we can all travel again, or you simply enjoy taking great shots in our gardens, cities and parks, this course will provide you with the essential skills to dramatically improve your images. By the end of the day, you will be ready to make photographs rather than simply take them.
The course will cover:
- Looking at many outstanding photographs and breaking down exactly how the photographer has achieved the image. Taking an in depth look at:
- Understanding lighting
- Achieving good composition
- The effects of different lenses
- Landscape and Cityscape approaches
- Shooting buildings
- A short practical shooting assignment
Numbers on this course are limited to enable maximum interaction and feedback with the tutor, and the day will consist of a mix of teaching and practical exercise – as well as a healthy dose of inspiration and escapism by appraising a range of photographs from around the world.
After attending the masterclass, participants will
- have an understanding of the ‘ingredients’ that go into making a great photograph
- know how to avoid the most common mistakes in photography
- learn how to be a constructive critic of your own photos
No technical knowledge required, this course is suitable for anyone and everyone - if you enjoy taking photographs, this workshop is for you.
All cameras welcome, including phones
About your tutor:
Nigel Wilson is an experienced teacher and photographer, leading inspirational classes at many institutions, including New York University and London's famous Camera Club. He is currently lecturing at the Victoria & Albert Museum, and teaches a variety of classes for The Royal Photographic Society
The course will be taught via Zoom and participants will be required to have their microphones and cameras on during the day.
The following dates have now sold out: May 22, May 27 and May 29.
To book tickets, click on 'book online' in the information box. Please note, you will need to be logged in to see the booking button.
If you have any questions about this course, or any others, please email: email@example.com
1. Tickets may be subject to availability. If so, places are available on first come first served basis. Booking paid in advance and non-refundable.
2. Tickets cannot be resold at a price higher than the face value printed upon them and must not be resold for commercial gain whether to ticket retailers, agents, web companies, ticket touts or otherwise.
3. Full payment on booking.
4. Tickets will be assigned on a first come first served basis only.
5. TNL reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify, reschedule or supersede the event or any aspect of the event, including guest speakers, if, in their sold discretion, the event is not capable of being conducted as specified.
6. Wherever possible changes will be publicised prior to the event and alternative tickets or refunds provided.
7. Other than death or personal injury arising from the acts or omissions of TNL, or their employees, TNL will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of attendance at the event.
9. By purchasing a ticket under these Terms and Conditions, you agree to respect the ideas of others shared on the course, and not share details of these ideas outside of the class unless you have written permission from the relevant individual.