Join celebrated memoirist Cathy Rentzenbrink for this online masterclass, offering tips and techniques on how to write your memoir.
Do you long to write the story of your life? Perhaps you’ve tried, and given up, stuck in the confusion of how to shape it: what to tell, what to leave in, what to take out - and what will offend everybody you know? We have the perfect online seminar for you.
In this inspiring, fun and practical Saturday afternoon webinar, memoirist Cathy Rentzenbrink, (author of The Last Act of Love, A Manual for Heartache, Dear Reader and Everyone is Still Alive) will help you to write it all down and put your life on the page.
From this masterclass you will gain:
- Inside information and knowledge on how to approach memoir-writing: structure, gathering material, research, narrative and how to get the stories out and onto the page
- Information on the common problems that memoirists face
- Issues of memory, recall, style and fear of causing offence
- Editing and selecting material
- Examples of the kind of questions that face life writers - and Cathy’s experience and expertise in addressing them
Cathy will explain the pleasures and pitfalls of writing memoir, with tips and exercises to get you started. You will also have the opportunity to put your own questions directly to Cathy.
Cathy Rentzenbrink is the author of The Last Act of Love, A Manual for Heartache, Dear Reader and Everyone is Still Alive. Write It All Down: How to put your life on the page will be out in January 2022. Cathy regularly chairs literary events, interviews authors, reviews books, runs creative writing courses and speaks and writes on life, death, love and literature. Despite being shortlisted for various prizes, the only thing Cathy has ever won is the Snaith and District Ladies’ Darts Championship when she was seventeen. She is now sadly out of practice.
Write It All Down: How to Put Your Life on the Page is published 6 January 2022 by Bluebird. To pre-order your copy please click here.
To book tickets, click on 'book online' in the information box. Please note, you will need to be logged in to see the booking button.
If you have any questions about this course, or any others, please email: email@example.com
1. Tickets may be subject to availability. If so, places are available on first come first served basis. Booking paid in advance and non-refundable.
2. Tickets cannot be resold at a price higher than the face value printed upon them and must not be resold for commercial gain whether to ticket retailers, agents, web companies, ticket touts or otherwise.
3. Full payment on booking.
4. Tickets will be assigned on a first come first served basis only.
5. TNL reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify, reschedule or supersede the event or any aspect of the event, including guest speakers, if, in their sold discretion, the event is not capable of being conducted as specified.
6. Wherever possible changes will be publicised prior to the event and alternative tickets or refunds provided.
7. Other than death or personal injury arising from the acts or omissions of TNL, or their employees, TNL will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of attendance at the event.
9. By purchasing a ticket under these Terms and Conditions, you agree to respect the ideas of others shared on the course, and not share details of these ideas outside of the class unless you have written permission from the relevant individual.