Join experienced photographer and tutor Nigel Wilson for a full day online workshop to explore the world in close-up. Improve your photography skills and learn the techniques needed to produce show-stopping macro images.
The art of extreme close-up, or macro photography, allows us to study and admire very small subjects and organisms - things that we would not see with the naked eye. This form of photography involves shooting these subjects to make them appear life-size or larger in the finished image and often the results are spectacular.
On this one day course you will learn:
- how to use your camera and lens to produce stunning macro images
- to understand how lighting (natural and artificial) as well as good composition and pin-point focusing can transform your shots
- how to use ‘focus stacking’ in your macro work
The day will consist of a mix of teaching and an afternoon practice session – as well as plenty of lighting tips and advice on useful accessories. There will also be the opportunity to review your images in a slideshow at the end of the day.
Numbers on this course are limited to allow for maximum interaction with, and feedback from, the tutor.
Some understanding of aperture/shutter speed would be helpful but not essential. You will need a DSLR or mirrorless camera and a macro lens. A tripod will also help you get the best shots possible. Nigel recommends that if you do not have a macro lens, one can be hired at a reasonable price here: www.lensesforhire.co.uk
About your tutor:
Nigel Wilson is an experienced teacher and photographer, leading inspirational classes at many institutions, including New York University and London's famous Camera Club. He is currently lecturing at the Victoria & Albert Museum, and teaches a variety of classes for The Royal Photographic Society
The course will be taught via Zoom and participants will be required to have their microphones and cameras on during the day.
To book tickets, click on 'book online' in the information box. Please note, you will need to be logged in to see the booking button.
If you have any questions about this course, or any others, please email: email@example.com
1. Tickets may be subject to availability. If so, places are available on first come first served
basis. Booking paid in advance and non-refundable.
2. Tickets cannot be resold at a price higher than the face value printed upon them and must
not be resold for commercial gain whether to ticket retailers, agents, web companies, ticket
touts or otherwise.
3. Full payment on booking.
4. Tickets will be assigned on a first come first served basis only.
5. TNL reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify, reschedule or supersede the event or
any aspect of the event, including guest speakers, if, in their sold discretion, the event is not
capable of being conducted as specified.
6. Wherever possible changes will be publicised prior to the event and alternative tickets or
7. Other than death or personal injury arising from the acts or omissions of TNL, or their
employees, TNL will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of attendance at the
8. Our webinar platform will let us know if you joined the live course. This is so we can see how
popular our events are with our subscribers. Your information will be used in accordance
9. By purchasing a ticket under these Terms and Conditions, you agree to respect the ideas of
others shared on the course, and not share details of these ideas outside of the class unless
you have written permission from the relevant individual.