Join experienced photographer and Times+ tutor Nigel Wilson for an immersive workshop exploring the work of some of the last century’s most extraordinary photographers, to inspire your own photographic style.
This full day online class will celebrate and analyse the work of some of the most influential and game changing photographic artists, including Cindy Sherman, Arnold Newman, Vivian Maier, Henri Cartier Bresson, Martin Parr and Jane Bown. You will examine their most interesting images and learn how their timeless approaches and techniques can influence and inspire your own work today.
During the day you will look at a variety of groundbreaking historical figures, plus a selection of cutting edge contemporary photographers: revisiting the amazing legacies of some of the greats, and maybe introducing a few new photographic artists to your repertoire. From street photography to portraiture to documentary, these photographers will inspire you to pick up your camera and develop your skills.
This inspirational workshop includes a short practical exercise. You will be encouraged to shoot in your own style, with some inspiration from the many images you will have reviewed.
This workshop is suitable for anyone who enjoys photography and is keen to expand their knowledge of these hugely important artists. No technical knowledge is required, you simply require a camera (phones are fine) and an open mind.
The course will be taught via Zoom and participants will be required to have their microphones and cameras on during the day.
About your tutor:
Nigel Wilson is an experienced teacher and photographer, leading inspirational classes at many institutions, including New York University and London's famous Camera Club. He is currently lecturing at the Victoria & Albert Museum, and teaches a variety of classes for The Royal Photographic Society.
Here’s what previous participants of Nigel’s photography masterclasses told us:
"Your course was hugely enjoyable and inspirational"
"Thank you very much. I will definitely improve as a result of the course."
"I found it an excellent course which showed me how to look at subjects in a completely different way, and gave me renewed enthusiasm for persevering with photography."
If you have any questions about this course, or any others, please email: email@example.com
1. Tickets may be subject to availability. If so, places are available on first come first served basis. Booking paid in advance and non-refundable.
2. Tickets cannot be resold at a price higher than the face value printed upon them and must not be resold for commercial gain whether to ticket retailers, agents, web companies, ticket touts or otherwise.
3. Full payment on booking.
4. Tickets will be assigned on a first come first served basis only.
5. TNL reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify, reschedule or supersede the event or any aspect of the event, including guest speakers, if, in their sold discretion, the event is not capable of being conducted as specified.
6. Wherever possible changes will be publicised prior to the event and alternative tickets or refunds provided.
7. Other than death or personal injury arising from the acts or omissions of TNL, or their employees, TNL will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of attendance at the event.
9. By purchasing a ticket under these Terms and Conditions, you agree to respect the ideas of others shared on the course, and not share details of these ideas outside of the class unless you have written permission from the relevant individual.