Join Emma Jones CBE, founder of Enterprise Nation, for an information-packed afternoon workshop covering everything you need to know about starting a small business.
Have you started a business or are considering turning a talent into profit? If so, you are not alone. In 2020 record numbers of people became their own boss and you too can join this entrepreneurial movement. Attend this afternoon workshop to hear from start-up and small business expert, Emma Jones CBE, and access all you need to start a business and get it on track. Suitable for anyone who is considering taking the plunge to start their own business or work freelance, as well as those who are already on the early journey of doing this.
Across the afternoon, you will discover how to:
- Come up with an idea and write a business plan
- Decide on company status and accounting approach
- Sort admin including insurance and Intellectual Property
- Build a home on the web and master social media
- Get known in the press
- Make sales and attract customers back
- And how to achieve all this with a support network by your side.
This lively and informative afternoon course will be delivered workshop style by Emma, and offer practical tips as well as inspiring case studies of those who’ve been there and done it. The accountancy section will be delivered by a chartered accountant. On completion, attendees will receive a digital copy of The StartUp Kit; a 172 page guide complete with business plan and press release templates, and have access to an online peer group.
Emma Jones CBE is founder of the UK’s most active small business network and business support provider, Enterprise Nation (www.enterprisenation.com) . The company supports over 50,000 people each month to start and grow their own business. Emma is author of best-selling business books including Spare Room Startup, Working 5 to 9, and the StartUp Kit. She is a regular media commentator on a range of issues which affect the UK’s growing number of small businesses.
To book tickets, click on 'book online' in the information box. Please note, you will need to be logged in to see the booking button.
The course will be accessed via a unique link to a webinar.
If you have any questions about this course, or any others, please email: email@example.com
1. This course is open to Times+ subscribers and members of Enterprise Nation
2. Tickets may be subject to availability. If so, places are available on first come first served basis. Booking paid in advance and non-refundable.
3. Tickets cannot be resold at a price higher than the face value printed upon them and must not be resold for commercial gain whether to ticket retailers, agents, web companies, ticket touts or otherwise.
4. Full payment on booking.
5. Tickets will be assigned on a first come first served basis only.
6. TNL reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify, reschedule or supersede the event or any aspect of the event, including guest speakers, if, in their sold discretion, the event is not capable of being conducted as specified.
7. Wherever possible changes will be publicised prior to the event and alternative tickets or refunds provided.
8. Other than death or personal injury arising from the acts or omissions of TNL, or their employees, TNL will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of attendance at the event.
10. By purchasing a ticket under these Terms and Conditions, you agree to respect the ideas of others shared on the course, and not share details of these ideas outside of the class unless you have written permission from the relevant individual.