Join international speaker and communication expert, Esther Stanhope, for this ninety minute masterclass in how to hone your virtual communication skills.
As lots of us now choose to work from home or use video calls as a primary tool for business, education or hobbies, the importance of getting your message across in the right way has never been more important. The virtual world is here to stay so it's vital that we’re using it to its best advantage, and understand how to best engage our virtual audience - whether that’s in a one-to-one meeting or presenting to a group.
Are you camera-ready? Are you committing ‘virtual crimes’? This highly interactive and lively workshop will provide you with all the skills you need when it comes to being on camera, and getting the best from virtual meetings. From setting yourself up with the right (low cost) kit, to having clarity on how to make an impact, knowing how to be ‘camera-ready’ - and perhaps most importantly, how to engage with your audience so they stay tuned.
You will learn:
- How to own the ‘virtual room’ and be brilliant on camera
- Learn essential ‘camera-on’ rules (and crimes)
- How to build a quick rapport remotely
- How to get the first ten seconds right before people start zoning out
- Mastering dialling-in etiquette including the dos and don’t of virtual ice-breakers
- How to look professional; lights, camera, action and strategies for all three
- Knowing what not to wear - find out which colours can be catastrophic
International speaker, award-winning author and communication expert, Esther Stanhope, can make you look and sound confident on camera with her many tips learnt from twenty years in broadcasting at the BBC. She has worked with leaders from all over the world and interviewed Hollywood stars including George Clooney and Madonna. Plus, she has hosted over two hundred events and masterclasses with global organisations since lockdown. Her book Goodbye Glossophobia, was highly commended in the Business Book Awards 2020.
To book tickets, click on 'book online' in the information box. Please note, you will need to be logged in to see the booking button.
The course will be accessed via a unique link to a webinar.
Course date: Friday, October 7, 10.00-11.30 am (plus optional thirty minute networking and Q&A)
If you have any questions about this course, or any others, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. This course is open to Times+ subscribers and members of Enterprise Nation
2. Tickets may be subject to availability. If so, places are available on first come first served basis. Booking paid in advance and non-refundable.
3. Tickets cannot be resold at a price higher than the face value printed upon them and must not be resold for commercial gain whether to ticket retailers, agents, web companies, ticket touts or otherwise.
4. Full payment on booking.
5. Tickets will be assigned on a first come first served basis only.
6. TNL reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify, reschedule or supersede the event or any aspect of the event, including guest speakers, if, in their sold discretion, the event is not capable of being conducted as specified.
7. Wherever possible changes will be publicised prior to the event and alternative tickets or refunds provided.
8. Other than death or personal injury arising from the acts or omissions of TNL, or their employees, TNL will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of attendance at the event.
10. By purchasing a ticket under these Terms and Conditions, you agree to respect the ideas of others shared on the course, and not share details of these ideas outside of the class unless you have written permission from the relevant individual.