Join leadership coach Zena Everett for an in-person masterclass, held at The Times HQ in London Bridge, to help you build your resilience for peak performance and wellbeing.
Our brains are our greatest asset. How well do you take care of yours? We rely on high-functioning brains to make decisions, grasp complex problems and come up with creative solutions quickly. At the same time, we have to regulate our moods and emotions while maintaining a resilient, flexible mindset. Resilience is the ability to endure challenging situations and use them to build prosperity. How clearly do you think under pressure and respond to endless challenges at home and work?
Neuroscience proves that a strong gut–brain connection makes people more resilient to stress and to a range of mental and physical health problems. 24/7 demands mean many of us neglect this powerful brain–body–gut connection. We wake up tired and attempt to perform at our best without proper rest, refuelling, hydrating or oxygenating. You wouldn’t drive your car without adequate fuel, water, oil and an annual service; but do you treat yourself with the same care?
This fascinating and fun masterclass will combine concepts from neuroscience, organisational psychology and cognitive-behavioural coaching to help you come up with some practical strategies to promote your neuro-plasticity, resilience and wellbeing.
- Identify your values and where you find meaning
- Gain an understanding of the neuroscience of peak performance and the brain–body connection
- Understand the ability to make work/life blend improvements, and increase your resilience and wellbeing
- Gain the ability to work in flow, focus on priority work and remove distractions
- Learn an appreciation of models for managing emotional responses at work: who triggers us and why?
- Gain an understanding of cognitive behavioural models for managing potential stressors
- Recognise the signs of burnout
This workshop is suitable for anyone looking to set up conditions for peak performance and wellbeing. It will be especially useful for anyone adjusting between virtual work and returning to the office, needing to re-establish boundaries and good health habits.
About your tutor:
Leadership Coach and Speaker Zena Everett is the author of Mind Flip, Take the Fear out of Your Career and the best-selling The Crazy Busy Cure (nominated for the Business Book Awards 2022). Originally a recruitment entrepreneur, Zena sold her business in 2007 then studied an MSc in Career Management and Coaching. She then took further post-graduate qualifications in psychological coaching and leadership with neuroscience (MIT Sloan Business School). She has coached on the Executive MBA Programme at Oxford University’s Said Business School and is an Associate Lecturer on Crazy Busyness and Guts Brains & High Performance at Henley Business School.
Tickets may be subject to availability. If so, places are available on first come first served basis. Booking paid in advance and non-refundable.
2. Tickets cannot be resold at a price higher than the face value printed upon them and must not be resold for commercial gain whether to ticket retailers, agents, web companies, ticket touts or otherwise.
3. Full payment on booking.
4. Tickets will be assigned on a first come first served basis only.
5. TNL reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify, reschedule or supersede the event or any aspect of the event, including guest speakers, if, in their sold discretion, the event is not capable of being conducted as specified.
6. Wherever possible changes will be publicised prior to the event and alternative tickets or refunds provided.
7. Other than death or personal injury arising from the acts or omissions of TNL, or their employees, TNL will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of attendance at the event.
8. By purchasing a ticket under these Terms and Conditions, you agree to respect the ideas of others shared on the course, and not share details of these ideas outside of the class unless you have written permission from the relevant individual.